Aluminum machining parts
For those customers who want to outsource the processing of their aluminum machining parts and therefore looking for trustworthy machining factory, Davantech meets your needs. More specific, the main reason is because we offer quick aluminum CNC precision machining services in an efficient way. Furthermore, our CNC milling and turning shop covers over 2000 square meters, including advanced CNC machines. Next, product design and production capabilities guarantee outstanding OEM aluminum CNC machined parts to customers around the globe. These components include aluminum milling parts and aluminum turning parts. In addition, Davantech is ISO9001:2015 certified.
Machined aluminum parts.
Aluminum is widely used as a raw material for industrial components and building materials. Therefore, CNC machining is a very common fabrication process for aluminum parts. More specific, it has very good thermal properties which are excellent to fabricate heatsinks and cooling elements. In addition, aluminum milling parts have a great strength compared to their mass. And not to forget, the metal has an outstanding machinability. Cutting tools break away chips easily. That makes aluminum the preferred material to make parts for a broad range of aluminum milling parts and aluminum turning parts. To clarify, among CNC machined parts are electronic enclosures, extrusions for frames and LED applications, aluminum mounting brackets, components of machinery, airplane parts, and many industrial components.
Advantages of aluminum for machined parts.
- Aluminum has a good strength to weight ratio.
- It can be casted, extruded and forged.
- Durable material and comes in many grades.
- Good thermal conductivity.
- Non-magnetic, non-flammable.
- Small to large size depending on the fabrication process.
- Precision milling and turning possible with narrow tolerances.
- Different surface treatments such as anodizing.
- Resistant low temperature.
- Electrical conductivity.
- Aluminum is recyclable.
- Component fabrication is relatively fast and low cost.
A Guide to Aluminum Machined Parts
Machining aluminum parts requires careful consideration of several factors to achieve accurate and high-quality results. Here are the general steps involved in machining aluminum parts from design till delivery:
Design and Planning:
- Begin by creating or obtaining a detailed design or CAD model of the aluminum part.
- Determine the dimensions, tolerances, and required surface finishes.
- Consider the machining process and select appropriate cutting tools and machining techniques.
- Choose the right aluminum alloy based on the specific requirements of the part, such as strength, corrosion resistance, or heat conductivity.
- Popular aluminum alloys for machining include 6061, 7075, and 2024.
Setup the Machining Equipment:
- Ensure the machine tools, such as lathes, mills, or CNC machines, are properly set up and calibrated.
- Mount the aluminum workpiece securely on the machine’s workholding device, such as a vise or fixture.
- Select the appropriate cutting tools for aluminum machining. Carbide or high-speed steel (HSS) tools are commonly used.
- Consider using sharp tools with high helix angles to efficiently evacuate chips and reduce heat buildup.
- Determine the cutting speed, feed rate, and depth of cut based on the specific aluminum alloy, tooling, and machine capabilities.
- Consult cutting speed charts or machining databases for recommended parameters, or conduct tests to optimize settings.
Coolant and Lubrication:
- Use coolant or lubricants during the machining process to dissipate heat, prolong tool life, and improve surface finish.
- Consider using water-soluble coolants or cutting fluids specifically formulated for aluminum.
- Begin with roughing operations to remove excess material efficiently. This can involve facing, turning, or milling operations.
- Follow up with finishing operations to achieve the desired dimensions and surface finish. These can include profiling, drilling, or threading.
- Pay attention to chip evacuation to prevent chip buildup and potential tool damage. Use proper chip-breaking techniques and ensure adequate chip clearance.
- Regularly measure and inspect the machined parts using precision measurement tools, such as calipers, micrometers, or CMMs.
- Verify dimensions, tolerances, and surface finish to ensure compliance with design specifications.
Surface Finishing (Optional):
- Consider post-machining surface finishing processes such as deburring, polishing, anodizing, or painting to improve aesthetics and functionality.
Cleaning and Packaging:
- Thoroughly clean the machined parts to remove any cutting fluid, chips, or contaminants.
- Properly package the finished aluminum parts to protect them during transportation or storage.
Remember, the specific machining process may vary depending on the complexity of the part, the chosen machining technique (CNC or manual), and the available equipment. It’s important to refer to the manufacturer’s guidelines, tooling recommendations, and best practices for machining aluminum.
Aluminum machining by Davantech.
As a professional CNC machining manufacturer based in China, Davantech offers CNC machining and aluminum components manufacturing. Nevertheless, only skilled and experienced staff operate the machinery. In addition, the factory is managed well by a Dutch and Chinese team. And also, thanks to our additional product design and tooling design engineers, we understand the entire process from idea till manufacturing. Even more, we know the characteristics of aluminum and how to process it in different ways. In this way, you will benefit from our experience of how to make aluminum machined parts in the most economical way. As a result, we always offer the best solutions for your product requirements.
Range of aluminum materials:
Aluminum 6061, Aluminum 2024, Aluminum 5052, Aluminum 6063, Aluminum 7050,Aluminum 7075, and more. We source any requested aluminum alloy.
Custom surface treatments:
Anodizing, powder coated and wet painted surfaces are the standard surface treatments. For example, colors applied are Black, Natural, Blue, Green and different colors as your requirements
Sand blasting, polishing, shaking, anodizing, oxidation, electrophoresis, powder coating and wet painting
Various aluminum processing:
Aluminum extrusion, aluminum forging, CNC aluminum milling, CNC aluminum turning, CNC aluminum drilling, reaming and tapping.